Saturday, March 08, 2008

More Busy Than I Want to Be

My car is due for inspection soon. Mom and I decided not to have it done today, and to put it off for one of those days when I'll be off next week (Fox, that's what we're doing on Tuesday).

Instead, we did our weekly shopping and visited my grandmother. She showed me the things she had put aside that I can have. I then went over to my aunt's place, and she pointed out all the things that she can give me too.

All in all, I'm looking at a small loveseat (that looks like it's from the 60's, but what can you do?), a coffee table, a tv cart, a bunch of bookcases, some dishes and pots, and some lacy curtains. My family is wonderful.

The only regret I have for today is that I didn't have even a minute to do any cleaning or packing. I'll have to work double time tomorrow.

My dad surprised me. While he was gone on his business trip, he actually called us a couple times. We usually don't hear from him at all when he goes somewhere. It was very nice that he kept in touch.

No comments :