Sunday, December 14, 2008

Satisfactory

Phoenix and I had our first official visitor today! One of our friends called in the morning and said he wanted to hang out (and bring SingStar) and didn't mind that we were going to get our Yule tree today, in addition to a couple other errands we had to run.

He helped us with the tree and the groceries and then we sang a round and sent him home. It was fun!

Phoenix and I tore apart a chicken for dinner, then set to work on the box of decoration goodies we got from my parents. Much of the lights didn't actually work, so we ended up with a string of purple and a string of red. Amazingly fitting for us, actually. To the soothing sounds of a variety of holiday music and full glasses of eggnog, we set up our little tree and hung the lights, some silver beads, balls of red and gold, and pretty sparkling jewels (and one hidden plush red pepper) all over it.


I haven't had a real holiday tree in years. The cats aren't bothering it (yet) either. I love our little tree. I'm so glad I have such a wonderful roommate. We spent the evening decorating it, then played some SingStar and knitted to a movie. It was a perfect day.

No comments :