Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Welcome, 2007!

When I was little, my thoughts used to be filled with all the first things I did in the new year. The first song I heard, for example (a movement from Vivaldi's Four Seasons, if you want to know), the first time I get in my car or brush my teeth (which usually happens at 2 or 3 in the morning). Silly trifles that get repeated all year, but for some reason I would mark them in my mind as something special just because the date changed. And here's my first blog!

We went to my grandmother's for dinner, both of my mother's siblings were there with their spouses. I see my mother's side of the family enough, but her sister the least of that. My aunt lives in Salt Lake City, she's been visiting more frequently in recent years, and I always love speaking with her. We got to have a little conversation after dinner and it was nice. She doesn't seem to be against the idea of me moving out of this area completely, actually said I probably need it. It's always nice to have someone agree with you.

The weekend in general was spent with some books. That's something I haven't done is a while and I do really enjoy sitting around reading a good story. A welcomed rest to have nothing to do but read. It doesn't happen often.

No comments :