Monday, July 23, 2007

No Rest for the Willingly Sleep-Deprived

I knew this weekend would be tough, making for an even tougher Monday. Right on!

The trouble stared on Friday morning, with my regular 0430 wake-up time. Through work, home, dinner, and the blissful Harry Potter Book #7 party (where I worked for an evening to help Fox out. Pictures will follow, possibly later today.). After the main party goers had gotten their books, I guess around 0130 or so Saturday morning, I started reading mine. Then Fox and I drove back to his apartment (I am incapable of reading in the car), I read in my room for a little bit, and got to bed around 0430. Twenty-four hours awake, straight.

You didn't hear from me Saturday because I was reading, as I had warned I would be. I woke up around 0830 and read. Fox and I went out to breakfast. We read while waiting for our table to be called (we were not the only two at the restaurant with books!), we read while waiting for our server, we read while waiting for our food. Then Fox took me home. I quickly cleaned up my overnight stuff, passed another copy of the book to my mother, got some water, plopped myself on the couch, and read some more.

At around 1600, mom said it was time to get ready. Saturday was my grandmother's birthday and we were going to her house for a little dinner party. I wasn't expecting to get a chance to read, unless they all decided to watch Adventures in Babysitting, but I brought my book anyway. As it turned out, I did have some occasion to read. Many were setting up my grandmother's birthday present; a shiny new computer system, so I read while they did that. Then we went home sometime in the 2000 hour, I refreshed my water, plopped back on the couch and read some more. I finished at precisely 0143, you will notice that it the time of yesterday's post. That's why I set it there. I spent a little bit of time searching for things I would need for Sunday, and was in bed around 0215.

I woke up around 0630 to take a quick shower and finish gathering my things for the day; change of clothes, towel, sunscreen, all that jazz. Then the wonderful guy whom you might remember as he who took me out for Valentine's Day (I don't have an alias for him yet) picked me up, we went over to the home of a friend of his, met most of the group, had breakfast, drove to a metro station and picked up the last person of the group, then we were off to King's Dominion. I barely remember, but I think we arrived around noon. We rode a couple rides, spend the bulk of the day in the water park, then rode a couple more rides. My date and I were going to leave early so that he could get me home at a decent hour. We did one of those back in time pictures, which I had never done before, and that delayed us a bit. So, we hit quite a bit of traffic on I95 coming back, and I didn't get home until around 2200. The rest of the details of my day are mine, thankyouverymuch. My dad was still awake reading HP#7, so he let me in, since I had forgotten to take a house key with me. Oops. :) Then it was time to shower the chlorine out of my hair and crawl into bed around 2300.

Back up at 0430, and here I am! It doesn't look like it's going to end very soon either. I have to now do some major prep for my much-anticipated trip. I still need to attend to that TODO list I talked about on Thursday, and I'm supposed to be seeing the insurance adjuster today, and a few other things that have been added to that TODO list. I will strive for early bed-time. We'll see how that goes!

2 comments :

Willow Goldentree said...

Oi! And you won't get any rest while you're hear either. Although our 4 AM wake up time in Boise, will be like 6 AM for you, so...I guess...you will get a little more sleep.

I'm glad you had a very nice Sunday and thanks for the way you posted that HP#7 spoiler - I love you!!!

Unknown said...

hehe, I have been preparing for that for a while! We always did that on the EverQuest forums too, even for things like riddles and jokes. If you hadn't set up a place on the forums with the pre-spoiler warning, I would have done it there as well. :)

Yes, it's amazing how many people think that I'm going to have a nice restful vacation. HA!