Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Not Again

Why is it always me?

You, my faithful blog readers, should already know about my website, http://www.burninglakearts.com/, which is powered by Photosite and has hundreds of my pictures and created images for your viewing pleasure. I have just been informed that Photosite will be shutting down at the end of September.

This is worlds worse than when myblogsite shut down. Saving some six months of text is easy: copy, paste into a word program, save, done! I have 330 posted images (complete with individual captions) on Photosite, and I'm not even counting the images that they are storing as a backup that aren't even on my site. Photosite is teaming up with Snapfish.com to transfer my albums (with captions) and stored images to their service. This is all well and good, except the albums are invitation-only. This means it won't be a simple click away to view my doll creations or my newest 3D image. This also means that I won't be able to use it as an image hosting site like I do now. Snapfish is all about buying prints and products.

This is incredibly disturbing news.

Never fear, however. the burninglakearts address will still be mine. I will transfer it to my father's domain and do some actual web building. But without a place to host my rather large amount of images, it may not be that pretty.

I don't like Photobucket, it looks like it's all open and there's no way to protect my property. Sutterfly will post albums (kinda) but doesn't create an individual url for each image. Oh, this is so frustrating! Imageshack.us has hosting, but not a site like Photosite, and it looks like the nature of that site will discourage pages of images like I currently have. There is clearly nothing like it out there.

Funny how one day can make me go from DVD-happy to website-depressed. The hunt is on!

No comments :