Saturday, August 23, 2008

Tolls Again

While I thought I drank enough, and I'm sure I ate enough, I did not escape a little bit of heat exhaustion. Neither did Phoenix, but it hit her sooner and she recovered before the end of the day.

By the end of the day, I felt quite ill. We made a quick trip to the house, fed and shot the Callie-cat, de-corseted, downed an Excedrin; and then Phoenix drove us home, I just couldn't do it. We could have stayed at my parent's place, but if one of us had the energy to drive home, why not do it? It's always better to be in your own bed. While both places have a bed for me, I understand why Phoenix wanted to be home.

Halfway here, I started feeling better. Maybe it was the pill, or the rest, or the cool dark night. I'm actually working next week. I'll be sure to be more careful.

No comments :