Wednesday, January 14, 2009

In Tempore

I got to see godson #2 at lunch, I can't believe he's six months old today. And I got to meet godson #3, sleeping soundly all cute. And, I was reminded that godson #1 will turn nine years old this year. NINE!! How the hell did that happen?! Where did the time go?!

Monty and I were discussing this strange phenomena today. We tried, but failed, to avoid going over how many years the two of us have seen. I don't feel as old as I am. I understand such a feeling comes and goes, but I sure don't feel it right now.

That's a good sign. I think it means that many things are going right. Careful planning, things just working out, even things coming together to surprise you are good things. Those are the spices of life that keep you young, that keep you living. It's the way things should be. The paradox is that we would never recognize those good points if we didn't have any bad points. I know the meaning of bad times. More than many, I think. I'm happy to be in a good stretch right now.

Getting older be damned!

No comments :