Saturday, June 11, 2005

Kidnapped!

My mother and I spent the day shopping. We had to take her car because my breaks were making scraping noises.

When we got back, my friend called and insisted we go swimming, or out to dinner or something. I didn't really want to go, but he's the type (just like all my other friends, it seems) who won't allow me to say no. So I reluctantly agreed and took a nap.

When my friend showed up to pick me up, he said I could strangle him, and then that instead of swimming, we were going to see Tinsmith and Gaelic Storm at the Potomac Celtic Night Fest in Leesburg. I did not plan on going to Leesburg! But I thought it might be fun, and the ticket was already bought.

Tinsmith was great, Gaelic Storm does not live up to the hype around them, if anyone wants to know. We're going back to the Celtic Festival tomorrow, so I better get to bed before I drop!