Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fullness

So, it looks like Roomie and I have five places to look at today. We were able to narrow down the thirty-nine properties that the realtor sent to a list of seven, and two of those are no longer available. I did remember my camera. I don't know when I'm going to eat dinner, though!

I've promised to work overtime, but certainly not on the weekends. Maybe someday that won't be so impossible.

I have a lot of projects going on right now. I'm currently working on a crocheted dragon to be my fire elemental; it just made more sense to me than trying to make a salamander-type creature. However, this little guy is proving quite challenging, so I have a feeling I won't make too many of them, which may mean I'll have to revisit what makes a good fire elemental. It's definitely not a simple pattern like the gnomes. As it is, he's been placed on the back burner for other things I need to get out of the way. Some of the things I'm working on that I'm not yet going to tell you about are new and I'm quite excited about them. One of the joys about new crafts is finding the history behind them too. As you might imagine, I've been in research mode for a while, and I so love to research.

One of the projects I will mention is a baby blanket for LDS. I think I forgot to tell you that she asked me to be her child's godmother. You know that old cliché: always a bridesmaid, never a bride? Well, first of all, that never applies to me because I'm not even bridesmaid material, let alone bride material, but I have a new one. Always a godmother, never a mother! But it's ok. I'll be perfectly honest that I tend to find myself quite jealous of my friends who become parents, which leads me to not liking their babies very much, but I'm not feeling that way about LDS and her parasitic bundle of joy (her adjective, not mine!). I do wish she would stop being so negative about everything, though. I gave her something today that I hope will help with that.

So much to do! And I won't be able to touch any of my projects today. I'm not upset about it, just saying!

No comments :