Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Whole Lotta Not Fun

I went to work today, only because I'm going to be off for the next two business days for the move. I'm not so sick that I can't stay awake, but I am feeling thoroughly miserable and uncomfortable. And, I had to come out this way anyway because I have to pick up the keys!

I've been working slowly, but staying on top of things.

You know, everyone is an expert with touch-your-forehead diagnosis. I'm sitting at my desk shivering and people just move in to touch my head and tell me I'm burning up and need to go home. I'll concede that my body temperature was more elevated this morning than it was yesterday, but it's not a serious deal. It's certainly not like the last time I had strep throat when my fever was 105.8 and I spent the morning in the ER. I don't think that's what this is. It's just bad timing!

Really bad timing, because I've put other things on hold to move, and now packing to move gets put on hold too. This had better go away, because tomorrow cannot be spent lying in bed.

No comments :