Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Day After

Mom liked her Wii. We got it all set up and played a bunch. Then, I took my parents out to late lunch/early dinner at Macaroni Grill and we ran by Trader Joe's. There was a movie in that plan, but we weren't really interested after eating.

Dad had to work at the faire today, but mom and I went out to breakfast at the Rod'N'Reel on the Chesapeake. It's been a while since we've been there and it was very nice, as usual. I've been talking to her about taking her sewing machine, that's bolted onto an awesome table that it can fold into when not in use. We had to unbolt it, which was a chore, and I don't think I'll be able to get it back together by myself. It's an old Sears Kenmore, and when I say old, I mean my parents bought it with their first joint tax return. It's almost as old as their marriage! I'm so happy to have it. Now, I'll be able to finish a dress I started some time ago and work on a ton more patterns that I haven't had a chance to work on.

No comments :