Friday, February 15, 2008

I'm On My Way

From misery to happiness today.
I'm on my way to what I want from this world.


I put pen to paper and signed a contract on a home with wheels that's located fifty-one miles from my office. My mother came with me for support and to help me remember questions I may forget. She promised a 15% down payment, a total of which I am just a little shy. But, she told me on the way home that, if I come up with 8% of that (and I'm not too far off, really), my parents will provide the remainder, and an extra chunk of change to help me with furniture. I really love my parents.

But, I still have to be approved for the loan, and we're still hoping I can get a decent deal out of that. I got a chance to talk with Monty over lunch today, and he was able to prepare me for them to initially quote 9% on the loan. That's a little high, and I'm sure my credit report will reflect well on me, but I wasn't surprised when she said that. I still need to get approved for the loan and the community. I'm not really concerned there. Just the paperwork!

I did get pictures this time, maybe I'll get them up for you tomorrow. You'll have to be content with this little shot of the front of my house that I took when we first saw it. There's still a handful of projects left to do, but the new floors and countertops really make it look nice.

I really adore this little place. I'm ready to get out. I know I'll be strapped for cash and probably experience more than a few lonely nights, but it's really time. And it's happening!

2 comments :

Inyanna said...

That's great, Fyrecreek! I'm sure you'll have many happy, contented nights there as well.

Unknown said...

Thanks! I forgot to mention that we're going to settlement in a month. I've got a ton of things to do before then.