Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Stories

I know I promised a tale of my weekend, but work has been oh, so busy, and that's all the internet I have right now. Yes, there is internet in my condo, but there's only one plug on the modem, and that defaulted to my roommate. We're shopping for a router so I can get plugged in too, but who knows when that will happen!

Let's see, how about weekend in a nutshell?

Mom and I drove to Wayensboro and reserved a room at the Comfort Inn. We arrived at my brother's around 1300. They were waiting for a new mattress to be delivered, so we hung out until 1530 when the mattress showed up in a pickup. After that, we had lunch/dinner at this great place in Staunton called Depot Grill. It was part of an old train stop and was really neat. We then headed back to their place and watched I Am Legend. The film wasn't bad, and if it happened to be playing, I'd watch it again, but I really have no desire to see it again. I would like to read the book, or see the earlier versions of it on film (there were two, called The Last Man on Earth and The Omega Man). Mom and I then headed to our hotel and went to sleep.

On Sunday, we woke up incredibly early, ate breakfast and spent the morning at Monticello. It was quite nice. I do have some pictures, but I managed to forget my good camera, so they won't be great, and it will probably be some time before I get them up here.

That was the weekend!

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun , cool :-)
Fox