Thursday, November 13, 2008

Take it When it Comes

My plan for the day was to play some of my game, do some laundry, play some more game, and maybe crochet a thing or two. I did, kind of.

The ministry does a gift exchange during holiday time. Since I'll be involved, I needed to come up with something. I had an idea, that could be made a couple of ways. I decided to crochet my idea, and the inspiration and urge to do so hit just after lunch. What I didn't realize is that it would take more than four hours to complete. This puzzles me. It's not a big, elaborate piece, but there was no pattern and it took a little work. I'm thinking of ways I can improve the pattern if I do it again, but it's done. I know it's early and everything, but that's just one more thing I don't have to add to my vast to-do list of projects. When I visited my parents on Sunday and Monday, I also brought home all of my yarn, projects not yet started, and things that need to be finished. Why buy more (expensive) yarn when I have a ton of things to work on already?

I actually wanted to spend a little bit more time with my game, but creating is much more satisfying than gaming any day. Since it's a gift for an unknown recipient, pictures will have to come very later.

No comments :