Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Instincts

Something tells me I should slow down. I dismiss it, there's never anyone on this road. A few minutes later, I get my first ever speeding ticket.

Something tells me I should leave another bowl of water for the cats. I dismiss it, they're usually just fine through the night. In the morning, poor Callie makes the most pitiful sound ever because she has no water.

Something tells me I should check and make sure the time on my alarm clock is right. I dismiss it, I hadn't used it all weekend and it should still be the same time it was on Friday. I forgot that I got up early on Friday to work some overtime, so my alarm was going off an hour before it needed to.

I need to learn to listen to my instincts. From this small sampling, we can see they're usually right on.

No comments :