Monday, April 14, 2008

Saving the World

I worked too hard yesterday. I got a WOW from Adolf for it, but I did work way too hard for a Sunday. It's ok, because it reflects well on me and ensures they will continue to offer me overtime (albeit I don't want it on weekends). If there's one thing I know I am, it's a good worker.

WAM attempted to brag about all the work she got done this weekend. I didn't really respond. I'm not interested, it's none of my business, and I would have blown her out of the water with my own numbers. She said her piece and went away.

Until later. There were a handful of jobs left in the queues after I got done yesterday. These were things I can't do on an early Sunday morning, when few businesses and fewer banks are open. These numbered a little less than thirty jobs.

Just around lunchtime, WAM came stomping up to me all upset because she couldn't talk to anyone in HR at the moment because they were all busy. Then she told me that Adolf had assigned her those less-than-thirty jobs, then added a good two hundred to their number and gave them to someone else to do, forgetting to tell WAM they were reassigned. WAM stomped over in a huff because she wasn't told that they were done. Yes, gentle blog readers, WAM was complaining because of the less work she had to do.

I should know better by now than to give her my actual opinions, but I did it anyway. I told her I thought she was making it out to be a bigger deal than it really was, that it looked like an oversight on the part of Adolf but isn't really worth getting all hot and bothered over. She stomped away.

I'm pretty sure she had her discussion with someone in HR anyway, but really! I guess she never learned that it's wise to pick her battles and let other things go.

Remember when Monty was working on helping me find a loan? Apparently, he took almost a month hiatus and is now ready to continue. I'm inclined to give up on that front. Particularly because he didn't feel it was urgent enough at the time to follow through, and now he wants to. I think it's just a little too late, and I'm not sure how much of my personal information I want to give him now. He's asking for copies of three months of bank statements, my social security card, my driver's license, the last two paystubs, and my W-2 from 2007 and 2006. It all seems a little excessive just to get prequalified for a loan, particularly when the place that actually did approve a loan (even though it was not enough) needed only two documents with the application. I don't see what half of those are important to them.

Monty likes to claim that he's good at his job, but I really don't think he's able to do anything for me. I've never thought that of him, and this isn't the first time I've attempted to support his business and he did not deliver. Of course, that could also be related to the problems that arise when a friendship gets put into a business relationship.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, it's pretty standard to have to give all that stuff for a loan. We just got our mortgage this past summer, and now we are refinancing to take advantage of the lower interest rates, and we still had to send (for each of us): last 3 paystubs, last 3 bank statements (and we have 4 accounts), W2 forms from 2006 and 2007, SS cards and driver's licenses, and a copy of our homeowner's insurance declaration page. That's a darn lot of copying--and I did it on our printer, which took FOREVER. And I just DID this stuff a year ago.

Good luck! Laurel.