Saturday, April 26, 2008

No More Weekends

I went in to work this morning, but I told Adolf gas was too expensive and I wasn't going to come in any more weekends. I guess Adolf understood that. Even so, this morning was a waste. There was nothing that I was doing that I couldn't have done during the week. In fact, I could have gotten more done if it was a weekday. No more weekends.

The drive home was just like a Friday evening. It took me an hour and forty-five minutes. Bleh.

Mom and I were going to visit Aunt Betty in the hospital today. She fell on Thursday and broke a hip and shoulder. Unfortunately, they didn't bring her to the hospital that's nearby, they took her to one that's some forty-five minutes away. Add in my early morning spent at work, my extremely long Saturday drive home, the heat (and it's hot!), and the fact that both mom and I seem to be getting over a bit of a cold, we just couldn't summon up the energy to make the trek to visit her. I don't know when we will be able to; I'll be busy next weekend, but she will be there for a while because they're talking surgery.

Mom is concerned about her dog, Shelley, who is in a kennel right now. Shelley is very well trained, an adorable little Sheltie, but we know she's going to miss being at home. We don't know if someone is coming to help Aunt Betty out while she heals. It's not good for Shelley to stay in the kennel for so many weeks.

I feel bad that we didn't make it to the hospital. If it was the one nearby, it wouldn't have been an issue at all. I feel bad that I couldn't push aside my own fatigue to visit someone who really needs to know her family is thinking of her.

No comments :