Saturday, August 13, 2005

A Little Lagoon

Well, I'm sorry to say that I'm out of film.

My parents and I were planning on being in the 'yaks for about two hours, but we only lasted one in the heat of the day. We didn't get started as early as we wanted, and putting the kayaks on the new racks took longer than we thought (because it was the first time).

While we were out, we went down a creek of the Patuxent called House Gut, and saw some new vegitation and creatures. There was a moth-type thing with a white head, a red crawfish-like tail, and wings that fluttered like a humming bird. We then headed back up to Jug Bay and found a little opening in the reeds. It was almost like a little (three feet deep or so) lagoon. If it wasn't for the muk on the bottom, I would have jumped in!

We decided to head home after only an hour of being out. We were tired, hot, hungry. We really expected to be out much sooner in the day, but just didn't make it. We'll know better for next week.

My mother and I got Sunshine on the car with no problem, but had some trouble with the Mirage (hard to lift 45 lbs when you're tired and hot and hungry and have just finished lifting 40 lbs). We got it eventually and went on our merry way home, had dinner. Now I've just got to pack, as we'll be leaving for the faire around 0700 or so tomorrow.