Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Last Hike

Mom and Fox and I set out early for the last two trails of the Fall Hiking Spree. Well, the last two trails that we had to complete to get our cool hiking staff rewards, that is.

Both trails were at a nature center that I had been to before, but I don't remember it. It took us some time to find the trail, so we spent a little time with the raptors in the back first. We did find the first trail, but took it the wrong way, and longer than it should have been. That's the problem with going late in the season: many signs are no longer there.

The second trail was the longer of the two, and we ended up hiking that one backwards too. The paper said they weren't difficult trails, but we sure could have used a walking stick here (we all forgot to bring them).

I'm sorry I didn't get any pictures up, but I did take some. The forest was covered in mostly beautiful Yellow Poplar. It was dense, but the leaves were so bright that just a little bit of sunshine lit them up.

After our somewhat strenuous hike, we turned in our forms at the nature center and got our staves. Fox has a picture of us, you'll have to wait until I can copy one of his to see them. This was a fun little adventure. It would have been nice if we could have spread it out a little more, but the Renaissance Festival got in the way. I hope they run it again next year, I'm sure we'll do it again.

Mom and I didn't get to ride today; we're beat! But we're also trying to avoid taking a nap. I hope I'll sleep well tonight.

No comments :