Friday, July 11, 2008

Daydreaming A Little

It's probably due to my lack of sleep that the things around me are affecting me in strange ways.

I've been working on a story lately, and I'm really pleased with how it's going. I'm sure many hobbyist writers dream of publishing, I'm not different. I also dream of seeing one of my stories made into film (as long as I'm part of the creative process. NO ONE CORRUPTS MY VISION!!!). I discovered a web comic yesterday that's in a similar genre to what I'm writing (and the only reason I'm not linking it for you here is because I'm still experimenting and I'm not ready to share what I'm up to). I think it started in 2002, and it looks like it updates three times a week. I'm almost caught up. That part is definitely the lack of sleep bit!

In any event, it's making me day dream that I'm actually a decent artist and could draw my story instead of just write it. I'm not that kind of artist, however, so I know that's not really going to happen. But, between work and webcomic pages, I think of what it may look like in comic form. This is probably a good thing, because it leads to better visualization of the world I've created and the people in it, which helps in the writing and will help when I'm working on the film.


I've been working early overtime and getting to bed much later than I really should. So, I'm sure my dreams of turning my story into some kind of comic book are really induced by sleep deprivation, and the fact that the web comic that I'll finish today is pretty vivid. I stayed up two hours past when I should have gone to bed reading it. Yes. Sleep deprivation. That's what it is.

No comments :