Thursday, July 10, 2008

Maybe Not Today

Pat's neighborhood has a clubhouse with a pool. Every Tuesday and Thursday night, from 1700 to 2000, is adults only. That's so great that they do that. Sometimes adults just want to float around while kids are usually playing. It's nice that they set aside time for that.

We went swimming on Tuesday, and stayed for about an hour before we decided we needed dinner. We talked a little about work, and about making our way to Virginia Beach in the late summer. We've gone to Ocean City the past couple years, but since he doesn't have to drive out that way to pick me up anymore, we can hit some other beaches. He said he really enjoys Virginia Beach and knows where the good hotels are. I've never been there, so that should be fun. I don't know if we're going to get a King's Dominion trip in this year or not.

We were planning on swimming again today, but both of us have been working overtime so we might be too tired. And I'm not sure if the things I need to do at home should take precedence over a little evening swim with my friend. I'll play that by ear as the day moves on.

Roomie did come in at midnight and was talking away on her cell phone. That didn't leave me much sleeping. On the other hand, a little bit of pool floating might be just the kind of relaxation that both of us need today. We'll just have to see.

No comments :