Wednesday, March 21, 2007

For My Brother

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!


What can I say about my brother? We used to fight all the time. He's only a year and a few months older than me. As we both got older, we got along better. I don't have any epic stories of one such time where we just connected, but they happened. He looked out for me, and I desired to see him happy.

On Samhain 2004, my brother married a wonderful woman. We were in the same violin class in middle school. (Most of our mutual friends were always so shocked to find out we were related. That never made sense to me but it happened all the time. We have the same, not super common, last name, duh!) Anyway, we just adore my sister-in-law. She is creative and passionate and when they are together, you can just tell that it is right.

He is living pretty far away now, a good three hours away, and we don't talk to him as much as my mother or I would like. But out of sight is not out of mind. He is my brother, my only sibling. No matter how far either of us go, he'll always be my brother.

And happy birthday to Ichus too! (That's his cat, by the way!)

1 comment :

Willow Goldentree said...

Happy Birthday Fyrecreek's Brother and Cat!!!! I hope you enjoy yourselves.