Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Ready, and Back Out! Or Not.

I did not want to spend my birthday like this. When I say "like this," I mean sitting in a parking space at the AC Moore being unable to move because my car won't go into reverse. I had to give her the old Fred Flintstone trick. You can laugh, I'm sure if someone was around they would have found it funny too. Of course, if someone was around, I would have asked them to help me!

Hedwig had only a slight hesitation moving forward, but could not move back at all. Unless I was on an incline, like my driveway. So, you know it's bad when reverse acts as neutral.

I took Hedwig to my mechanic hoping they could at least point me in the right direction to getting this fixed. They don't do transmissions, but assured me that the dealer would be my best bet since they most likely would not insist that I need a new one. That's good, because I'm not completely sure my car is worth a new transmission that would cost one fourth the price I paid for the thing.

Yes, I got to sleep in on my birthday like I wanted. And yes, I did get the dye I wanted. And yes, my fabric came out the most perfect shade of purple. But I would have loved to do all of that without the car issues. There's nothing I can do about it, though. Hopefully the dealer will call me soon and tell me exactly how much it will cost to fix. I have to leave early today to make it down there in time to get it. Everyone say rah with me now. "Rah."

No comments :