Saturday, June 16, 2007

Not Much Today

Today saw a little bit of shopping (for vitamins and a mouse for mom's new laptop), yummy lunch at the Dutch Market, groceries at Trader Joe's, and a nap. My mother and I were going to try to see Fantastic Four today, but we napped a long time. I need to run by the craft store and the hardware store, so we'll head down there for that and dinner, and save the movie for next week.

I'm sorry I'm such a bore today!

Oh! Maybe you can help me!

I bought an instruction-less kit on e-Bay for building a hand puppet. Don't be alarmed, I knew there were no instructions. With my previous creative skills in doll-making and sculpture, and the numerous websites with blogs and tips on the Internet, I'm not concerned. It looks pretty intuitive anyway. My problem is that I have absolutely no idea what color to dye the Antron fleece (commonly called Muppet fleece) that will serve as the 'skin' of my figure.

See, they recommend using a figure that is very unlike yourself. This guideline doesn't work for everyone, which is why it's not a rule. I already know my figure will be a little monster. Last week at the fabric store, I bought a yard of really need electric blue 'fur' and some brown 'fur.' It would be nice to get a skin color that I could use with this fur fabric, or I could skip the fleece altogether and cover the foam in fur. Or I could hold on to the fur for a later project, so I don't have to be bound by those colors.

Right, about the colors. Purple is my favorite, so I could make it purple. But would it be light like lavender or dark like royal. But then, I also like green. And blue. But I know I don't want to use yellow or red. Oh, the choices!

Maybe I can post some pictures and take you through my learning to build process! I've got a little time before I need to dye the fleece.

1 comment :

Willow Goldentree said...

Electric Blue fur with a lavender body might be nice! :) And I KNOW you love purple.